Monday, March 1, 2010

On to Stage 2....

So we are finally on to stage 2 of Kamri's feet fixing procedures. We are out of casts after 7 weeks and on to a very fashionable brace. The first week was a little rough to say the least on getting adjusted to such a device, but we both survived. Poor little thing. Her skin was so fragile from being in casts for 7 weeks that the leather shoes rubbed blisters/sores on her feet. I can't have her out of the brace for more than 5 minutes at a time besides bathtime. So mostly I would just take it off to doctor her sores. She lived on Tylenol for quite a few days, but is finally off the drugs. It was so hard having to put those shoes back as she screams in pain, but WE made it through and I'm finally getting my happy Kamri girl back. She wears the brace about 23 hours a day for 3 months then she will just wear it at night until she is 2 or 3 years old. The brace is just to hold her feet in position as she grows, so they won't naturally turn back in.

She loves to cuddle any soft blanket now days to fall asleep. This cracked me up, one day she was playing with her toys and decided she would attempt to roll over with the brace (notice the outside leg straight in the air) she can roll over with it, but she ran into the arch. The whole thing just wore her out so she fell asleep twisted around the arch with one leg straight in the air.


The fashionable purple bar....you just wait, it will be in style next season.



TA-DA! Kamri's feet are straight!
We have to do physical therapy to teach her to stand up. She has never had to use those muscles because of her casts.


Ready for church in her white church shoes with the fashionable purple bar. =)

8 comments:

  1. I think the purple bar is very fashionable. She looks adorable in it! I don't know anyone else who could pull it off so well! I'm glad that she is feeling better! That's so sad! She is in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that would be heartbreaking. Avery had really bad diaper rash because of diarrhea a few weeks ago and it killed me to change her diaper cause it hurt her so bad. I'm happy to hear though that the worst seems to be over for you guys. She sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad she is doing better!! Hopefully you are both getting more sleep! Let me know if you need anything :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is sooo cute mand! I love her church outfit, purple bar included: ) I was just looking at dave and gina's post with before and after pics of hal's leg and then these of Kamri. It's amazing all that modern technology can do! Happy day: ) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy im so sorry you guys had to go through that. its so hard watching our kids experience pain and not be able to take it away.. even if it is going to be ok or better in the long run! i love you and am glad things are getting better. she sure is a cutie i cant believe how little she is..well compared to my munchkin that is:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, sweet baby...she is such a trooper! You guys are too. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can I say, I just love that little girl!!! I"m so proud of her!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fashionable. where can I get me one of those purple bars?

    ReplyDelete