Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rodeo and Horseshows with Grandpa

Blast into the past for a few posts while I catch up. At the end of our summer vacation we hit up the good ole Lincoln County Fair in Star Valley with my family. Kamri sure did have fun looking at all the lights at the carnival and all the crazy people. One of my many childhood memories is attending the Fair and I had so much fun sharing it with Kamri. My mom hasn't ever been a big fan of rodeos so from when I was little I was my Daddy's date to the rodeos.... I LOVED it! I'm a daddy's girl and had so much fun adding Kamri to the mix. Its official she is my daughter.... she LOVES rodeos. She would stand and clap and would get super excited if a bucking horse or bull happen to be closer to us.

With Grandpa (the real cowboy). Have you seen a bigger grin on a kid's face.

Just Kamri and I. Brian loves this picture because you can see both our wrinkled noses and dimples. Yes we are mother and daughter. Brian was the photographer so he did attend.

The next day after the rodeo my dad showed his reining horses. Kamri got to go and cheer on Grandpa. She even got to ride while he was between shows... she was in heaven. Grandpa had fun showing her off. He was riding in the warm up arena and took Kamri past all the younger girls showing and told them, "This is the future rodeo queen of 2028" ha ha too funny. They thought that was the cutest thing seeing my dad riding with little Kamri.


Loving life!

5 comments:

  1. Mand I love that second pictures too! You two are so cute: ) So glad Kam loves the rodeos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kamri is getting so old, I can't believe she is one already. She is such a natural on the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, your looks have not changed since high school! You still look 18! I hope that you guys are doing well. Kamri is way cute! Maybe I'll run into you the next time we're both is SV

    ReplyDelete
  4. she looks so much like you and your brothers:) miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that fair! And you riding sheep. Love you and your mini-me!

    ReplyDelete